1/2 cup butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 cup water
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 large eggs
1 egg white (optional, as needed)
1. In a saucepan, combine butter, water, sugar and salt. Over medium high heat, bring to a boil and remove from heat. If butter is not melted allow it to melt before next step.
2. Add flour and return to medium heat and stir with a wooden spoon until a smooth ball forms and pulls away from sides of the pan. About 2-3 minutes
3. Transfer the mixture into the bowl of a mixer. Mix with a paddle attachment on medium speed to cool slightly. About 1 minute.
4. Add eggs one at a time, being sure to scrape sides of bowl between additions. Continue to mix on medium speed until a soft peak forms when toughing dough and pulling away. If it does not form a peak , whisk the egg white and add to the mixture and beat until peak forms.
5. On a parchment lined baking tray pipe with a piping bag or scoop dough into desired shapes and sizes. See video for details.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Category: desserts
Keywords: easy cream puff recipe, pate a choux, French, dessert, pastry